Announcement! Announcement! Announcement! I am excited to announce the opening of the 2021-2022 Schoolhouse application process for new students! I would love to invite your family to become a part of our homeschool community. Read on for all the 2021-2022 application details!
2021-2022 Application Details
- We will begin accepting applications for new Schoolhouse students on March 15, 2021.
- You can download the application here.
- The 2021-2022 calendar is available to download here.
- Although we plan on opening a second classroom, space is very limited for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. You will receive a status update via email from the Education Director two weeks after your application has been received.
- After your student’s application is reviewed, your application will either be accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. Reasons for rejection may include behavioral issues, an inability to meet the volunteer commitment, or significant learning issues.
- During the review process, the Education Director may contact you for a phone or in-person interview if there are further questions.
- Applications may be hand-delivered or mailed to 1005 Lakeside Drive McDonald, PA 15057 or emailed as an attachment to [email protected]
- Payment of the application fee can be made by cash, check, or Venmo. For Venmo, search “aoneroomschoolhouse”. The name on the account is Bryan Duford. The picture is the schoolhouse logo.
- Once we are full with a modest waitlist, we will close the application window.
- Every student, not every family, needs to turn in an application and fee.
- Please make sure you are familiar with our volunteer commitment. We will be opening up new ways to volunteer during the 2021-2022 school year. These include volunteer activities that can be done at home or in the evenings and weekends. Although not a comprehensive list of examples, positions might include: festival planning, science fair coordination, year-book designer, yard and building maintenance, schoolhouse cleaner, social media designer, teen social coordinator, and after-hours high school tutor.
Exciting Announcement for 2021-2022
Beginning in the 2021-2022 school year, we are opening our high school program. Look for more details on this program in next week’s blog post. But here is one teaser: we are becoming affiliated with the Pennsylvania Homeschoolers Accreditation Agency (PHAA).
PHAA is one of the diploma-granting organizations, recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) to provide diplomas to graduates of Pennsylvania home education programs.
PHAA leads the way in excellence in high school home education. PHAA requires a rigorous amount of reading, writing, and public speaking, ensuring that all PHAA graduates demonstrate the highest levels of literacy and are well prepared for college. As a result, PHAA has an excellent reputation with colleges and employers.
PHAA does not provide a curriculum but certifies that the curriculum your family has chosen meets these distinguished levels. As always, A One-Room Schoolhouse will be with you along your high school journey to mentor, guide, and co-teach.
I am excited to share with you next week exactly how our program will work and the many benefits a hand-tailored, student-driven high school education can provide.
Location for 2021-2022
I wish I had an address for you, but I don’t. This has been the detail that has held back the application process. I wish I were pushing publish on this post two weeks ago. Ugh.
I had hoped I would have all the details worked out on our new home. This is what I can say: we will have a home next year. It will be located along the Route 50 corridor, near the junction of the new 576 freeway. It will most likely have a Cecil, PA address.
And that is all the details I can give you on location at this time. I wish I could show you pictures (hint: they are amazing)! But, just in case, until the deal is done, I am keeping my mouth shut.
And, yup, you are just gonna have to trust me. I know that is a big ask. If you want to come to see our current space (in my basement), feel free. I promise it will have the same cozy feel. I promise it will have a fun, engaging outdoor space. I promise it will be the best I can possibly muster for your students.
Due to this situation, if you turn in an application with the fee and the location does not meet your needs, the application fee will be refunded. I hope this takes some of the risks out of the application process.
Drop your questions below or email or call! Whatever you like! But let’s start counting down today…. 15, 14, 13, 12….
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Leave a Reply