We have grown so large so fast that it has been challenging to keep up with. This school year has been filled with learning about developing a group like A One-Room Schoolhouse. Starting as soon as possible, the board of directors will take applications for an Administrative Assistant.
I am so excited to be making this job posting. It will mean I can have more balance in my life and that our families will be better served. It will mean the board members will have less on their plates. It will mean a sustainable pattern for growth and improvement.
We welcome all applicants and hope to have this position filled immediately. This post will remain open for three days after it is made public.
Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant (QuickBooks Experience)
- Work from home and at all schoolhouse locations
- Flexible schedule
A One-Room Schoolhouse is a non-profit homeschool support organization. We help families homeschool their children in a supportive, community environment.
This position’s responsibilities include:
– Creating and managing invoices
– Collecting payment information from clients
– Accounts payables tasks
– QuickBooks Online monthly transaction recording
– Communication with clients with regard to their billing questions
– Managing classroom director’s monthly budgets, receipts, and reimbursements
– Managing client’s volunteer commitments
– Assisting in website management (WordPress skills are preferred, but willing to train)
– Proficient in the schoolhouse classroom model
– Willing to train as a substitute classroom director
– Managing new and returning student registration
– Other tasks as assigned by the Education Director
We’re looking for an individual who has experience in the following:
– Excel/Google Spreadsheets/Google Forms
– Experience in classroom teaching, children’s ministry, and/or homeschooling are highly preferred
– WordPress (preferred, but willing to train)
This job requires 10 to 20 hours per week. The salary range is from $15 to $20/hour, depending on experience.